Yes I have bought and Aion and sadly it does mean that I have ended my subscription to WoW. In honesty I haven't really been playing WoW since a little after the release of patch 3.1 as in fairness there hasn't been any reason for me to do so. Why have I had nothing to do in the game? Well the answer is simply lack of content.
I've realized that blizzard are slowly killing off WoW and focussing on their new MMO, or at least I hope they are. What I mean by lack of content is not just raid but content in general.
Raids - Raid content has been a serious problem since the launch of WoW as there were only 3 bosses. Yes there was Naxx but this was just re-used content from Vanilla WoW. This is a problem compared to Onyxia as 3.2.2 is a 'minor content patch' whereas revamped Naxx was the basis of a whole expansion.
Ulduar was then pretty good and I was actaully impressed that it contained some very good fights and plenty of challenges. My only concern was that this content should have been released at launch rather than the filler stuff we had at the begining. I also really didn't buy in to any of these acheivements as they were not real content. I'd much rather be able to say 'gratz guys we downed this boss after trying really hard for several weeks' than 'Good job guys we managed to down this boss in under 30 seconds after killing him every week for the past four months'
5-man Somehow, the 5-man content in Wrath managed to be even worse than the raid content. Sure the 5-man dungeons and heroics are pretty well designed with good artwork but they are so easy that they give me a migraine and are a huge step back from the ones in TBC. I honestly haven't been able to tank a heroic without falling asleep since I hit 80. 5-mans don't need to be incredibly hard but requiring a little coordination and at least occasional CC would be nice.
Solo Content So, you're not in a group? Might as well log out now. Playing solo there's only 3 things you can accomplish.
Daily Quests - have fun repeating the same 3 dailies at the Argent Tournament every day for the next 2 months until you can unlock more (again a huge step back to the amazing Sunwell Isle in TBC).
Reputation - This is the only area that could be considered better than in TBC, this is not because the system in Wrath is good but because the system in TBC was even worse. Again, doing 5-mans to get reputation wouldn't be so bad if 5-mans weren't so terrible.
Achievements - Really? You're gonna spend the next month of your life on repetitive, menial tasks so you can have Chef/Explorer/Quester/Whatever in front of your name.
Crafting - ???? There's a crafting system in WoW now, oh right its that guy that sells the same 6 gems and potions to me.
Character Progression/customization - Again, nothing other than 'OMG i r can change hair'
PVP
Don't get me wrong, PvP in TBC was terrible too but they could have improved it in someway. Yes there's arena but as blizzard should have noticed, the majority of players don't compete in the arena and I'm sure that even the one's that do would agree that there has to be some reason to play in battlegrounds.
Anyway, sorry about the rant but I felt that it need to be said. Anyway, I haven't read any reviews on Aion but i'm hoping its a good game and I might even turn this blog into one about Aion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment